Coastal Mechanical, one of the largest mechanical contractors in the Southeast, is currently seeking a Project Engineer in our South Florida location to assist the Project Manager in issuing material requisitions and obtaining purchase orders from our purchasing team.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 annually Dependent upon experience.
· Tracking and turning in Equipment Rentals.
· Record drawing updates: RFIs, CCD’s and ASI’s; provide notification of changes to Project Manager, Field Superintendent, & Subcontractors.
· Utilization of Computer Applications including:
o View Point
o Blue Beam
o Electronic Filing systems (One Drive)
· Assist the Project Manager with Change Order Requests take-offs.
· Maintain tracking logs: Equipment Tracking Log
· Coordinate with the Director of Facilities, Project Manager and Superintendent as required. Attend meetings as required.
· Assemble submittals, verify compliance with contract documents, process submittals to General Contractor and track approvals as needed. Maintain electronic and hard-copy submittal files.
· Review Work Order Proposals, materials, quotes with Sales and Operations. Attend Turnover Meetings and job walks to get familiar with scope of work.
· Review Contract Drawings & Specifications: Generate and author RFI’s for issues and shortcomings noted in project plans and specs. Process and track the status of RFI’s to resolution. Maintain RFI’s electronic and hard-copy files.
· Oversee Material & Equipment releases. Devise a tracking log to manage the process, provide status to the foremen and assure materiel deliveries.
· Assist the Project Manager in issuing material requisitions and obtaining purchase orders from Coastal Mechanical’s Purchasing Manager.
· Oversee Project Closeout Requirements and warranties:
· Coordinate with Start-up department in scheduling Project Equipment start up.
· Required to have gone through and completed an OSHA 30hr training program.
· Update WO Spreadsheets weekly with View point actual cost to dates.
· Set up T&M work Order projects and assist the estimator with job set ups.
· Process invoices for completed WO Projects.
Coastal is an equal opportunity employer and a DRUG FREE workplace
At Coastal, we take pride in our work and in our employees! Visit our website at:www.coastalmechanical.comto see our projects and pride.
Our culture is defined by Quality, Pride and Respect. Coastal Mechanical strives to develop talent in all our employees.