Coastal Mechanical, one of the largest mechanical contractors in the Southeast, is currently seeking Sheet Metal duct superintendents, mechanics and helpers (apprentices) to work in the Melbourne & Orlando Florida areas. These helpers could be eligible for our in-house, free apprentice program. Apprenticeship is a combination of on-the-job training and related classroom instruction in which the workers learn the aspects of a trade, while they earn a living.
Pay Range $13.00 – $40.00 Dependent upon position, location and experience.
Requirements and responsibilities Mechanics and helpers:
- · 1-2 years duct installation experience for mechanic/helper position but will train the right candidate.
- · Fabricate, assemble, install, sheet metal equipment and HVAC duct
- · Read blueprints and read specs
- · Follow safety procedures
- · Free apprenticeship program with training for those with:
- o A good work ethic and a High School Diploma or equivalent
- o An eagerness to learn
- o Incentive to gain a fulfilling career
- · *Background checks, motor vehicle checks, drug screening performed
- · Position may include constant walking/standing, lifting/pulling, climbing ladders and outside work with weather conditions.
Superintendent requirements and responsibilities: :
- 5-10 years’ experience in HVAC Sheet Metal Duct Installation
- Management experience running construction crews
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand code
- Willingness to mentor and teach other team members
- Must insure quality control, assist with scheduling, maintain goals
- Must insure safety rules are being followed.
- Will work with purchasing to procure materials needed
- Must produce project schedules, and coordinate tradesmen for each project
- Work closely with Project Managers and other team members
- Valid driver’s license
- Overtime may be necessary depending on jobs and schedules
- Employer conducts background checks, motor vehicle checks, and drug screening.
- Position may include, constant walking/standing, lifting/pulling, climbing ladders and outside work with weather conditions.
At Coastal, we take pride in our work and in our employees! Visit our website at:www.coastalmechanical.com to see our projects and pride.
Coastal Mechanical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.